The best pneumatic ship unloaders
The NIV unloaders are the largest and most efficient pneumatic unloaders. They are the result of the best and latest technological developments made by VIGAN to meet and exceed customer needs.
The NIV suction unit is a compact equipment. It consists mainly of a machine room, containing the mechanical elements, and a boom made of a tubular lattice supporting the suction pipes. The assembly is supported by a rotating slewing ring which allows the suction pipes to be positioned above the ship’s hold to be unloaded.
The cargo sucked up flows finally towards the center of this slewing ring. The suction units are protected by a large filter unit. The machine is designed to move in all directions for efficient operation and hatch reach.
Fully customized according to customer requests and site specifications
- Fixed gantry, on tires or wheels
- Low dust and noise emission
- Various flowrates and for a range of vessel sizes
- Discharge into trucks, conveyors, wagons...
- Many accessories and customizations
Simple and heavy-duty construction
- High wear resistant alloys for airlock and unloading piping systems
- Design with low turbulence and pressure drop thanks to unique elbow
- Made for ten million tons of discharge in standard conditions
Low dust emission
- Self-cleaning filter by air compressor with jet pulse system from 68 to 400m² with no moving parts
- Designed even for operating in urban environment
Low energy consumption
- Direct drive turbo-blower with inverter energy regulation
- Real multi-stage turbo-blower with aeronautic design for best performances
- VIGAN airlock for sealed product exhaust
- Optimized unloading piping for minimal pressure losses
- Safe, reliable and maintenance-free hydraulic system to lift in and out the boom from the vessel
- The boom can be used to lift a skid-steer loader
Safe by design
- VIGAN includes an ATEX study, a risk analysis and a CE file in its design
- Safe right from the design without the use of complex electronic systems
- Designed based on the site conditions (wind, earthquake...)
Best efficiency through the ship compared to other technologies
The VIGAN pneumatic ship unloaders have the highest unloading efficiency thanks to a very low capacity reduction during cleaning phase of the vessel compared to the nominal capacity.